Friday, November 18, 2011

Review: Hong Thai Travel Singapore

Was planning to go on a trip to Taiwan with my parents and aunts. As they don't have the energy and health to go shopping with me for 7D6N, we decided to go on a tour instead. Scenary viewing + at least a little shopping for me.

I went to a couple of travel agencies at people's park to research before discussing with my aunt. Hong Thai wasn't in my list for my first round of research. When me and my aunt went down to people's park to have more details for a couple of agencies we shortlisted, we passed by hong thai and decided to head in.

Surprisingly, the tour consultant was able to convince us to sign for the package within 2hrs.

Good: The senior consultant that attended to us was knowledgable about taiwan and hence able to answer our doubts and convince us to sign for the package. He was also quick-witted enough to provide solutions to our problems.

Example 1: As their pricing is really close to Nam Ho travel, I couldn't decide which to take. Hence he asked me to take out their itinerary to have a comparison. Hong thai was a couple of dollars cheaper. I mentioned nam ho is offering cruise along sun moon lake, but hong thai isn't. He informed us that the period we are going is rainy season, even if there is cruise, there is a high possibility that it may be cancelled due to the weather. True enough, when i went, it was raining heavily, the fog was so heavy i couldn't see the mountains at all.

Example 2: I couldn't decide between 2 tour packages of Hong Thai. We wanted the cheaper package but my annual leave is a issue. Hence he recommended us to sign up for the more expensive one first, so we will not lose the first 10 pax discount at least. And when my annual leave is confirmed, I can request for a change of tour to the cheaper one.

Example 3: We have elderly in our tour, and we are worried about one of the attraction is a long slippery walk. He carefully explain to us that it's actually a round route and the eldery can wait at the starting point and we can pick him up after we walk 1 round.

Bad: Not Honest, not organized

Example 1: Taiwan was running a joint promotion of offering $100 for 100 years old with sg agencies. He showed us the promotion details and it was stated on the paper 100 years old = USD100. He only offered me SGD100. I questioned him that we should be offered according to the rate of exchange and he told me USD was a typo error. *roll eyes* I knew he was lying because nam ho is offering me SGD120 ok. After much negotiation and finally offered me SGD120.

Promo details: http://www.welcome2taiwan.net/2011event/TainwansCentenial/ch/

Example 2: When I went back to make balance payment, the queue system was in a mess as they only have a staff looking like a receptionist. I sincerely hope they should have a proper reception table with queue number.

Example 3: They requested me to send a email when i wish to change tour and and also when sending them the confirmed namelist. In my email, i clearly stated i wish to change my tour package and hope he could advise me the price again just in case if there was any change. I attentioned the email to my tour consultant, but apparently, I think there are other departments who handle emails. Hence my email never get a reply after a couple of day later I receive a phone call from another staff of Hong Thai. So not efficient.

Will I Go Back? : 3/5 for them. I will only go back if there is cheap deals. I won't highly recommended to friends.

3 comments:

  1. Frequently visiting the great info is visible in this website that to using the great info is visible in this blog. Thanks a lot for providing the great info is visible in this blog that to sharing the great technology in this website.
    coach to malacca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, there is actually some good points on this blog some of my readers may find this useful, I must send a link, many thanks.
    driving in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have booked a 8 days tour with Nam Ho " Touch Taiwan" mainly (oct departure)for Kids to enjoy farm stay. I confirmed booking thru email and paid deposit by ATM. I did not even go down to find out more about the tour package. I am little worried, is 8 days too tiring for kids? route: Taipei -> Yilan-> Hualian (by tain)->Taidong->Kaohsiun->Lugang->Taichung->Taipei. Only 1 train ride and the rest are by coach. Anyone know roughly how many hrs coach ride from 1 place to another? Also in the itinerary they highlighted (1st night in Taipei) will be staying at Jin Yong Quan Spa Hotsping Resort (or similar class) * remember to bring swim suite & cap. I have checked this resort looks good as me & kids can enjoy hot spa in the night. But when they send me invoice about my paying details they have indicated that (1st night) check into Taipei Garden hotel. I google searched and this is a normal hotel nothing much to do inside. I wondering why not another similar "Hotspring resort/hotel" I do not want to feel short changed...... i worried of long coach ride as well. Feel like backing this package but I have already paid $1K deposit. Total 6 nights minus day in /out by air. How often can they change and not adhere to the itinerary? I asked how long we are given time to "EDA" he said 2 to 3 hrs depend on the sequence of the tour, which i feel should be given longer like 4 hrs. I asked the consultant, he said this is a popular package, so i presume is not first offer, they should have an experience. The whole trip is just me and my 5 & 7 yo boys.

    ReplyDelete